Tekla Portal Frame Designer & Tekla Connection Designer
The simple approach to portal frame and connection design.
The automated design of steel portal frames and steel connections just got a whole lot easier as Portal Frame Designer and Connections Designer now integrate with Tekla Structural Designer. Packed with really clever features and functions to make your life easier these specialist tools will help you increase efficiency and design with confidence.
Tekla Portal Frame Designer
- Understand hinge history of the frame including hinge reversal and spurious mechanisms.
- Build your own steel portal frame.
- Choose from symmetric, asymmetric, propped, monopitch, mansards or flat top portal frames.
- Calculate wind loading and snow loading to BS6399 automatically
- Customise and export reports to Microsoft Word.
- Applied design forces include moment, shear and axial force.
- Stiffeners including shear, rib, full depth, flange plate, cap plate, web plate and extension plate.
- Beam to column connection design to both web and flange.
- Single and double sided beam to beam connection design with notching.
- Welded tubular connection design with Y, X, K or KT configurations.
The Tekla Team